There are some foods which are able to re-grow. For that reason you need to try and grow at least one of the foods. It won’t take much time and you will have fresh veggies at hand any time.
- Green onions (scallions) – they are very easy for re-growing. Leave an inch attached to the roots and place them in a small glass, pouring a bit of water in it. Store it in a well-lit room.
- Garlic – when the garlic starts to sprout, put it in a glass with a bit of water in it. The sprouts can be added to pasta, salads, and other dishes.
- Bok Choy – place the root into a container that is filled with water and let it stay in a well-lit area. In a week or two, just transplant it into a pot with soil and grow a full new head again.
- Carrots – take the carrot tops and put them in a dish filled with water. Place the dish in a room that is well lit, or at as window sill. Use the tops ac salad additives.
- Basil – take a glass with water and put clippings from basil with 3-4 inch stems. Expose it to direct sunlight and watch them grow. When they reach a length of 2 inches, then plant them in pots and they will grow in full basil plants in no time.
- Celery – cut off the base of the celery and place them into a saucer or a shallow bowl. Fill the container with warm water and expose to direct sunlight. The leaves will start thickening and growing in the middle of the base in no time. When this happens, transplant the celery into soil.