Vicks VapoRub is a bit of institution when it comes to over-the-counter meds. This is due to it treats ailments with vapors. It contains camphor, eucalyptus, and menthol and is a great topical analgesic that treats different kinds of problems. These are some of the uses:
- Headaches – apply the gel on your temples and under your nose, breathing slowly and deeply in case you suffer from sinus headache.
- Heal bruises and minor cuts – put some salt and a thin layer of Vicks on your bruise. This combo will help your blood circulate faster and dissolve the bruise mark. You can rub the gel around small cuts, but be careful not to apply it to open wounds and damaged skin.
- Repel bugs – apply the gel on your clothing and skin in order to repel bugs. If you have been bitten, you can apply the ointment on the affected spot for a relief.
- Cracked heels – apply Vicks on your heels and the balls of your feet, massaging it in well. Do the procedure in the evenings and then put on some socks. Use warm water to rinse it off in the morning and exfoliate with a pumice stone.
- Keep animals at bay – keep your couch safe, your doors, and curtains from scratches by dabbing the furniture with Vicks.
- Muscle ache – massage the gel over your sore muscles, wrap the place in a dry towel and let it sit for a while.
- Toenail fungus – rub the affected toenail 2-3 times a day with this gel. The process may take several weeks to months to completely heal.
- Earaches – this can be cause by ear infections, but can also appear due to common cold. This pain can make the daily activities very tough, especially when you are going to sleep. If you want to ease the pain, dip a cotton ball in the gel and rub it gently during the night until the pain goes away.